Developing speed and control takes time. This George Lawrence Stone exercise is a great way to work on each hand individually.
In the video, I play through the full exercise and talk about technique tips and the things I focus on when working on hand technique. Feel free to play along.
If you own PolyNome, you can Download The Workout by clicking here (on your iOS device)
(Having trouble installing? Check out the instructions here)
Playing along in PolyNome has other benefits:
- It’ll log all of your practice (and any notes you make) so you can track your progress.
- You can view charts of what you’ve worked on, on which days, and at which tempos
- You can easily use the Tempo Percentage slider to change the tempo of the workout
If you’ve found this video useful and would like to support further development of PolyNome and videos like these, please check out my Patreon page
The full workout is:
- 1 bar RH, 1 bar LH….. up to 8 bars RH, 8 bars LH
- Repeated at tempos from 140BPM to 240BPM.
- Increments in 10BPM steps up to 220BPM
- Increments in 5BPM steps up to 240BPM